After 57 years at the intersection of Collister and State Street in Boise, 20 th Century Lanes is closing down June 30. A community fixture since Eisenhower was in the White House, the same family has operated the alley for generations. Stepping into 20 th Century Lanes, the first sound to hit the ears is the unmistakable clunk of bowling balls hitting the polished wood of the lanes and the crash of pins. Mixed in with the clatter of strikes and spares, a steady hum of conversation and...
- PHOTOS: Here's How Muslims Worldwide Are Celebrating Ramadan's End
- For Besieged Marawi Residents, A Brief Respite Ends In Gunfire
- These Teachers Are Learning Gun Skills To Protect Students, They Say
- Inside French Prisons, A Struggle To Combat Radicalization
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner's Message To America: 'All Children Are Our Children'